Friday, December 17, 2010

Song of the Week (The Phantom)



The Phantom - Til I Hear You Sing

The Phantom played by: Ramin Karimloo
Composer: Andrew Lloyd Webber
Album: Love Never Dies

When I was a child, my parents went to go see The Phantom of the Opera at the theatre. My parents didn't get me a ticket to join, saying that I would be too young to remember the event. A decade later, I still remember that day at home while my parents enjoyed the opera, while I was forced to stay at home.
My love of opera has blossomed since that day. I would play their CD over and over again, entranced by the music and the story. A few weeks ago during a short stay in London, I had the opportunity to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom sequel: Love Never Dies at the Adelphi Theatre.

The performance was absolutely beautiful and a welcome addition to the storied Phantom franchise.
And this time, I didn't bring my parents with me.

aa.

1 comment:

  1. Phantom of the Opera is not an opera. It is a stage musical.
    I wish you had gone to see the original show at Her Majesty's Theatre. It's better.

    ReplyDelete