Friday, November 19, 2010

Song of the Week (from the Archives)

As a child, I thought my father had the worst taste in music. Long road trips were unbearable with my dad at the wheel and his mere presence being enough to control the entire music selection. I was often stuck alone in the back of those old station wagons with the seats that face the opposite direction surrounded by mountains of luggage. My cries for a change from the constant repeat of adult contemporary songs could only be viewed by the cars tailgating us, and selfishly those neighbouring drivers would do nothing to save me from the onslaught.

The cross-country road trips are now long over, but the memories of those great vacations still come back sometimes when I hear my dad's old favorites in the grocery or running errands. Fifteen years later, songs that I once hated are now reminders for me to come home again and see my loving father.

This one's for you dad: don't hit 'repeat' too many times.
I love you.

aa.

Jann Arden - Insensitive

No comments:

Post a Comment