Friday, July 8, 2011

Song of the Week - Nightclub Edition

Album: Femme Fatale


I hate going to nightclubs. I just don’t like the whole premise behind it: spend a lot of time getting ready; pay for an expensive cab ride downtown; wait outside until being let in after one hour; $15 cover charge; and then when inside the drinks are overpriced, the dance floor is crowded, and the music is too loud to sustain any conversation. Needless to say, discos are not for me. Even still, after three years of living in Toronto, I figured it was about time I knew the name of just one club here. So, on the way home from a Blue Jays game, I saw one club: TIME. I figured if anyone ever asked me what the best club in Toronto was, I’d just say TIME. Three blocks later on my walk home, two girls all dressed up come up to me and ask: 

“Excuse me. Do you know where the nightclub “TIME” is?”

“I do,” I responded. “Just two blocks down on your right.”

They left happy for directions, and I left happy that I could point out the only club I knew. I don’t like dance clubs and I don’t like Britney Spears, but if I ever do get coerced into going to a club, I hope they play this song. It’s actually pretty damn catchy.

aa.

No comments:

Post a Comment