Friday, March 4, 2011

Song of the Week - Never Too Late To Thank Drake

Drake - Over 
Album: Thank Me Later


I found an iPod on a plane the other day just lying around with no owner in sight. As the music device had been burried well into a seat pocket, I was told that it was unneccessary to leave the iPod at the lost & found because these items are too commonly forgotten and the owner could be anywhere in the world. So, I checked out to see what kind of music was on it, and it featured a lot of rap and hip-hop music, two genres I am not so well versed in. While scrolling through the artists, I noticed there was one song by Drake, on of the fastest growing names in music and also a Toronto native. It might sound crazy to not know any of Drake's songs by this point, but it's not as though I didn't know who Drake is. It something I liken to knowing who Justin Bieber and Katy Perry are, but I would not recognize any of their songs if I were to hear them on the radio. With my introduction to Drake at my fingertips, I played the only available song to me, Over. And the thing is, it's actually a pretty decent song. Drake was nominated this past year for Best New Artist at the Grammy's and has won several Juno's. From his CD "Thank Me Later" released back in 2009, maybe I'm late little late to learning about Drake. But, as his album title says, I'm thanking him, a lot later.

No comments:

Post a Comment