Friday, March 25, 2011

Song of the Week - Dashboard Confessional

Dashboard Confessional - Vindicated
Album: Spider-Man II Soundtrack







After all the press given to Spider-Man in recent months (including myself last week), I thought it unfair that music from past Spider-Man movies might go unforgotten. Thank goodness I am such a big fan of Dashboard Confessional. After attending multiple concerts, I have found that I am older than the target age market for this music. No one told me this personally, but the lack of alcohol being served at the event, instead replaced by lemonade stands and a 'parent-waiting area,' has led me to this conclusion.


Nonetheless, a loyal fan I will remain. Dashboard Confessional, led by lead singer-songwriter Chris Carraba (a 'boyfriend shopping' inductee [January 21, 2011]), have been around for over 10 years now and released several amazing albums. Their emo roots have found a loyal fan base in the punk scene, though their music is more alternative in nature. Nothing seems more enjoyable than singing along and trying to hit those high notes, along with Chris Carraba, in vain. I encourage everyone to buy all of their CDs and sing along.

aa.

No comments:

Post a Comment