Monday, November 29, 2010

Black Swan (Credit Where It's Due)

This Friday marks the release of Darren Aronofsky’s new film Black Swan. I was fortunate enough to see this movie at the Toronto International Film Festival, and it did not disappoint. Writing a review of this movie before its official release would be fitting, but another Hutchins writer has already accomplished that. And it’s really good.

Ayalah Hutchins has both written articles and drawn for The Style Notebook over the past year. Her website can be seen here (ayalahhutchins.com) and I implore you to read her wonderful review of Black Swan. And then I suggest you go watch the movie.



Hutchins, Hutchins & Sons was never a one-man operation. Many of the songs or movies I write about have been recommended by close friends, and they deserve some recognition for telling me about these songs or films. Henceforth, be sure to see the Credit Where It’s Due markers at the end of blogs, when friends or family members of mine have brought the topic to my attention.

aa.

No comments:

Post a Comment